How to find a property to rent?
Most properties are now being listed online, and with filters it’s easy to find property that meets your needs. However, with such a large selection of filters to choose from and a limited supply, it’s worth taking the time to ask yourself exactly what you’re looking for before you seriously start looking; this will help you to get a good understanding of your requirements and help you to narrow the options more efficiently.
Keane Thompson would recommend three key criteria you’ll need to think about before starting your property search:
- Price – how much can you afford to spend per month/week on rent?
- Location – where areas do you want to live?
- Size – how many bedrooms do you want? Do any of them need to be doubles?
Where should I live and what should I look for?
Number of Bedrooms, Price and location are all essential in order to search for a property, and this can sometimes feel a little overwhelming or daunting, particularly if you’re new to renting.
To make this part of the process easier, ask yourself the following questions:
- Need to be near any particular transport links?
- How far do you want to travel to work?
- How far are you prepared to travel to meet your friends?
- What do you love about your current home?
- What are the things you don’t like about your current home that you would like to avoid next time?
- What are the ‘must haves’ that will make your next property feel like home?
- What amenities do you want on your door step?
- How long do you want to stay in the next property?
- If you have hobbies, is there somewhere you need to get to regularly?
- Do you want to furnish the property yourself or have it already furnished?
We often find ourselves living in one part of a town or city just because that’s where we ended up when we first arrived; it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s the best match for your needs or your lifestyle now.
Searching for property?
Once you’re clear on your requirements, you’re ready to start your search.
Keane Thompson works with you on a more personal level than any other agent, meaning we can help find the perfect rental property for you, in one place, on Keane Thompson. This makes it a great place to start your search.
Keane Thompson top tips:
- Research the local areas on the go.
- Contact Keane Thompson with your requirements.
- Activate Instant Alerts on Google for your favourite searches so that you can know as soon as new properties are added that match your criteria.